I've been thinking a lot about our spring/summer plans! So I thought I'd post them on my blog for you guys to read.
1. One of the first things I want to do is buy a small 4'x6' greenhouse so I can start some lettuce and salad-type vegetables in pots. I'm so excited to start my garden, but I am going to do it completely different than how I did it last year. Less corn and radishes, more squash and lettuce. Those seemed to do the best. My corn died as soon as it got tall enough to blow over. :P
2. Another project that I am anxious to start is building a chicken coop and hatching some layers! Our neighbor has an incubator that he said we can borrow, AND he is giving us 2 dozen fertilized eggs to hatch as well! How exciting! :) The boys are going to love helping me turn the eggs twice a day! The chickens that he has are dual-purpose, so I am planning on butchering about 10-15 birds when they are ready, and leaving the rest for laying. I'm really hoping for at least one good nester in the bunch so I can have more chicks next spring.
3. My dad and mom (and us of course!) are planning a camping trip as soon as it gets warm enough. This, I know, will be one of the highlights of my summer. :) I love my family!!!
4. We're also throwing around plans for a trip to the zoo with our dear friends, and my mom and younger brother. This will definitely be another highlight!
5. Adam and I will be putting the steel roof that we bought a couple months ago on our house very soon. I love working with Adam because we really compliment each other when we're both working for the same thing. It's all about direction in a marriage, isn't it!?
6. Once it's nice enough to go outside every day I am going to take my youngest son Alvin's diaper off and let the earth potty train him. He's going to be 2 soon, so I think he's ready. :D That's how my oldest and middle sons (Austin, age 4, and Aidin, age 3) were potty trained, so I figure this is the summer for Alvin. And speaking of training... right now Alvin is crying for his nuk. We took it away (ok, it got lost and we forgot to buy another one) so tonight is the nuk-weaning night for him. Welcome, oh restless nights of death. :P
7. One of the biggest changes (that will hopefully happen sometime next year) is to add on to our house, or to sell our house and buy a bigger one, depending on which is cheaper. Our house is a 1,000 sq ft, 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom home. It's really nice... for just 3 boys. But now that we have a daughter we need a 3 bedroom house! I don't think Heidi (my baby girl, 2 months old) would appreciate her brothers getting into her diaries and dolls. ;) Not that I'm going to spoil her (yeah... right...!) but I have a "thing" about girls needing privacy - especially from brothers. Once we have a bigger house we will start talking about giving Heidi a little sister...
So that's about it. :) Thanks for reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment