Heidi Jo, my youngest baby and only daughter, laughed at me on May 5th, 2011 (at a little over 2 months 1 week old) when I tickled under her neck! It was a full-blown giggly laugh, and it made me feel all sorts of love and happiness. :D I can't even describe how it feels... if you don't have a baby girl, then you need to get one! ;) Heidi laughed at Adam tonight, on May 10th, at 2 1/2 months old, when he was talking to her. He was almost as thrilled as I was! :) I love love love the sound of babies laughing. It just gives me a "high" that I've never felt before. All my children have blessed me with that beautiful sound, but Heidi's laugh is truly unique. Maybe that's because I am a better mom to her than I was to the boys... more attentive and nurturing, I hope.
On another note, Sunday was a very productive day for us! Adam accidentally turned the alarm off :P so we woke up an hour late (when we were supposed to be leaving for church), but we still managed to hear the last 30 minutes of the message. It was very edifying, when the kids weren't goofing off. ;) I really love Mike Tiry's sermons. He is so passionate and very easy to listen to. What a blessing he has been to our family, and so many families we know. :)
So after church we went to the park where we had a Mother's Day picnic with my mom, my sister and her boyfriend, and a couple families from church. The weather was beautiful and we had a great time just talking. We left a little early though, because we wanted to get home and work on some projects. We were able to build our entire 8'x10' porch/landing area off our back door that evening, and it looks amazing! :) I can't wait to seal it and put some patio furniture out there so I can watch the kids play this summer without sitting in the dirt. Thank you Adam for all the work you have done to make our former garage into a HOME. :)
For the next 2 days I will be working on building my chicken coop. Once that is complete we will pick up the remaining materials that we bought a week ago from Menards, and we'll build the lean-to on the side of our house. That's going to be a huge project, at 24' long by 6' deep. It involves putting 10' 4"x4"s into the ground (6 of 'em), and then building the roof on top of those supports. I'm hoping we will have enough steal roof left over from our house for the lean-to. We will see!
All summer we'll also be working on throwing away the piles of crap laying around our yard. It will be such a relief when they are all gone! I told Adam that I'm taking away his brand spankin' new lawn mower if he doesn't start picking apart those piles. You must have a give/take system in place for any marriage to work. ;D Haha!
I've been thinking that I should post pictures of the projects we've been doing. And you guys need to come up here one of these days too, and I will make BBQ chicken and salad! :) LOL I know that would be hilarious if I put a note and chain on the lawn mower! That put a nice image in my head... ;)
ReplyDeleteI replied to this a few days ago, and I also commented on your latest blog post about the sin nature of husbands and wives, but neither comment showed up! ARG! Oh well... :/
ReplyDeleteI was able to find what I posted in reply to this... Here it is! :)
ReplyDelete"I've been thinking that I should post pictures of the projects we've been doing. And you guys need to come up here one of these days too, and I will make BBQ chicken and salad! :) LOL I know that would be hilarious if I put a note and chain on the lawn mower! That put a nice image in my head... ;)"
I happened to get an email notification saying that this was posted on my blog, so I copy and pasted it back on here. :)