Sitting in this house of mine
With my family buzzing about
Austin is looking older today
"Tomorrow I'm FIVE" he shouts
Aidin is going through a phase
That’ll make him a strong man someday
We've been working on his lying
And he's been learning to sincerely pray
Alvin is my little husky boy
Being wild and making messes
While Heidi teethes and grows so strong
She’s so pretty in her tiny dresses
She will be crawling any day now
She's been rocking on hands and knees
These moments when I look around
I hold so dear these memories!
When I can soothe my kids with a simple hug
And then send them on their way
They run back to each other for another round
Of their rowdy, crazy play
I'll miss Heidi's innocence and smiles
Alvin's rough voice and mischievous eyes
Aidin's sweet face and squeaky voice
And Austin's words, so true and wise
This house is full of yelps and screams
Laughing, fighting, and loving
I love when they pile on Adam’s back
When they’re punching each other and shoving
My children are huge blessings
At the center of my life
And my deepest prayer is to be
A good mother and happy wife
Lord be my guide and help me through
The tough parts where I will stumble
Help me to be thankful in everything
To count my blessings and not to grumble
And help me to unconditionally love
This family that you've given me
So they will grow to love you more
And become what you need them to be
Heather! I didn't know you had a blog! I'm so excited to be able to read and stay in touch this way. Yay!
ReplyDeleteVery nice Heather..... :)
ReplyDeleteThank you Kim! :) Alyssa! Are you Jae's sister?? I've read your blog too! Thanks for reading mine and commenting! :)))
ReplyDeleteYes... I'm sorry... I am Jae's sister! I'm so glad you have a blog. I love reading.
ReplyDelete