Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Time Will Always Tell

I recently deactivated my facebook account and MAN this is nice! I feel completely detached from society and it's so freeing. Oh I know it will get old and I'll be back on there, but for now I am enjoying the time reconnecting (in person!) with the people I love. I've been so unimpressed with the drama and the not-so-subtle bragging. I love hearing the latest news in people's lives, how they are doing, and what they are up to. But using facebook to show off or to try to appear better than everyone else (or better than you really are) is just silly and not how Christians should be behaving. Feigned humility is just about the easiest thing to see through, it's laughable. As Christians we need to be focusing on our relationships with others - helping to edify, sharpen, esteem, and be like-minded with one another. This happens on a personal, one-on-one basis, which is why *fellowship* and *openness* with each other is so crucial. I'm finding that the more I hear about certain people on facebook (usually from their own mouths) the less I respect and like them, and the more their true colors become obvious. You can't fake humility, sincerity, integrity, or kindness. If you don't have those qualities it just shows. Or maybe it takes wisdom and insight to see through the insincerity? Which is why not everyone can tell when someone is being fake. I’ve learned to detect the signs of insincerity long ago. But this I know to be true, time will always tell who we really are. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment