Today was a good day. I kept the house clean, ran around outside with the boys, wrote a letter to Heidi, and I even got some yard work done (in addition to my normal chores of cooking, nursing, bathing the kids, etc). I've been slacking on my diet since this past weekend, but I'm not too worried about it... yet. Without trying to lose weight I see the scale either stay the same, or I lose 1 - 2 pounds a week. So I'm giving myself a break for a week or two, and then I will be dieting and pushing for those weekly 3 - 5 pounds after that. I'm about 35 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight, but I seriously would be happy to just lose another 25 pounds. It will happen! But it's definitely hard when I have to feed a family of growing boys who are constantly reminding me that we need to eat again! If I could have just a few weeks to not have to worry about making meals everyday, I think I would reach my goal weight SO much faster. Ah well. The joys of motherhood. :)
I talked to my sister on the phone today, and she gave me a great idea. I had mentioned that I've been writing Heidi letters to document her growth and how we interact with each other, and my sister had the wonderful idea of writing a letter to each of the kids on their birthdays. Then I would give all the letters to them when they become adults and I think they are mature enough to appreciate them. :) So that is what I will be doing from now on. I am just soaking up being a mom recently. Austin is getting so smart, and the stinker can seriously understand even the most complicated line of reasoning! I am always talking to him about how much God loves him... "He loves you SO much that He sent His Son Jesus to DIE for you! Isn't that wonderful?! Do you believe that?" and so on... I've just been waiting for the light to go on in his mind, and for him to want to be saved. Yesterday I thought he was so close... I was thrilled when he asked more questions about it, and he seemed to really understand why Jesus died for him. So I asked Austin if he wanted to tell God that he believed that Jesus died for his sins, and that he wanted to be saved, and Austin answered saying very decidedly, "I am not ready for that yet. I will do it when I am 5 or 6 years old." Boy did that bring mixed feelings! On one hand, he is very young and I definitely don't want to pressure him into getting saved if he truly isn't ready. But on the other hand, if he is intelligent enough to tell me that he isn't ready, then doesn't that indicate that he is ready? I don't want him to think that he has all the time in the world, but I guess I can give him a couple more years. ;) It made my heart so full of joy that he at least intends to accept God's gift of eternal life, but it also makes me anxious for that to finally happen. But I can guarantee one thing... it will be the best days of my life when my children get saved!
No comments:
Post a Comment