Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Trip To Chicago

After a long but amazing weekend down in Chicago, I am emotionally and physically exhausted. I had so many extreme highs from the messages and sweet fellowship, and so many extreme lows due to mine and other's sinful nature... but I am very thankful for the work that Christ is doing in our lives, and I don't say that lightly. A year ago I would have acted completely different in the face of adversity, but thank God for His forgiveness and grace in my life. Looking back, I am starting to see the whole situation as being an opportunity to practice what we preach, GRACE. I need it, others need it, and most importantly, others need it from me. HAHAHA ok I couldn't resist that joke! ;) No, it's actually very humbling how important our reputations are as believers. I'm very grateful for what I've been learning and how God can change anyone (and live His perfect life through anyone)... even me. :)

So that was the emotional exhaustion I was referring to... the physical exhaustion is probably because I have had zero vegetables since (at least) a week ago, very little sleep in... well... probably 5 years, ;) and the strain of being so emotional is probably playing a part in how I'm feeling as well. So between that and traveling, I can feel how low my immune system is. I have a terrible headache, groggy brain, sore throat, congested cough, and hoarse voice. Oh to be feeling well again! I want to have a productive week! Please pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment