Sunday, July 31, 2011

Walking and Writing

Oh blogspot, how I've missed you! =) But I'm afraid I've found another love... my evening walks! And they have taken over in the place where you used to be. ;-) Adam has been so wonderful by offering to watch the kids for me (yes - all 4 of them at the same time! I always knew he was brave. <3), so once in a while in the evening, when he gets home from work, I take off on my power walk and I have an entire hour to think, pray, and unwind from the day. It is so relaxing. QUIET. Rejuvenating! I'm hooked on those walks, and it sure beats writing all my boring thoughts out here for the world to see. :P


... But an update has been long overdue, so here it is. We've gone camping, hiking, swimming, taken a trip to the zoo, played kickball, spent time with friends, spent a lot of time with my family and my dear little sister, started homeschooling with the boys, taught the boys how to use a slingshot, went boating, had campfires, mowed the lawn like crazy, watched an incredible thunderstorm on the couch after the electricity went out, went to the library a few times, paid off several major bills that have been dragging us down for years, watched our baby grow chubbier and even cuter in these past 5 months, and we've just spent a lot of quality time together as a family! This has been, by far, the best year that our family has ever had. I am determined to keep it going, despite the ups and downs that life brings. I'm often in need of an attitude check (especially when hormones are playing a part in it) and it can only be done by the grace and mercy of the Lord.


Ahh it's good to be back! I’m going to have to find time to walk and write! =) Adam needs more time with the kiddos anyway! Strengthen those bonds! ;-)

1 comment:

  1. I think my problem is that I feel guilty taking the time that I need. :/ But Adam always insists that I go, if he knows that I had a rough day or if he walks in the door and hears how loud the kids are being! >_<

    For school - 2 or 3 days a week I read the Bible and several story books to them, and then they sit at the table (Alvin sits ON the table... ahhh!) and they practice making their letters. Austin and Aidin have to write 10 of each letter. Austin has gotten to "S" so far, and he is doing them SO WELL (I have been very impressed), and Aidin has gotten to... well... he did a million A's and B's... oh and he can do P's really well! Hahahaha it's been interesting but fun. They love it and even beg me to do school with them. They're crazy, huh? :P And then we color and do art (a LOT of intense crayon scribblings and cutting through notebooks and then lots of gluing paper onto paper etc), then we sing songs for music and do some flash cards. I am NOT looking forward to starting math though. I tried to introduce Austin to math the other day and it took over an hour to get him to add a pencil to his pile of pencils. He did better when did subtraction though, which is weird. I made sure to keep it fun and positive, but he just didn't catch on to addition like I thought he would. I hope I can stay calm and patient while teaching him... What about you guys?? Noah said the other day that you guys were practicing school? Tell me more about it! :)

    ReplyDelete