Sunday, March 10, 2013

Change Is Good!

There is so much to share, so I will use lots of pictures (and even a video!) to get you up-to-date with my life. :)

Last fall we listed our house on the market, had a lot of interest but no offers. I knew I didn't want to have showings over the holidays and during our -40 degree winters, so we took the house off the market until we began to see signs of spring. (Which means it warmed up to the 20's!) So we re-listed our house in February, after making a few tweaks to help our home show better. Here are pictures of how the house looked before every showing:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
Pretty nice, huh?! We have had so many showings that I've lost count. And the best news of all is that we GOT AN OFFER LAST WEEK!!! :D We are thrilled! Just about every morning, and often at night too, our family would sit together and pray that God would bring us a buyer soon so we can move closer to our friends and family. I cannot begin to tell you the positive effects of prayer.
 
The truth is, when you talk to your friends about some deep problem or struggle that you have, more times than not you will walk away feeling more vulnerable and helpless than you did before you shared that part of yourself. But when you go to God with those problems you can leave it entirely in His hands and KNOW that He will work all things together for your good. It goes so much deeper than just having someone listen to you... it gives you the kind of peace that frees your mind and allows you to not waist your time dwelling on it.
 
Paul tells Philemon (in the book of Philemon) to prepare lodging for Onesimus. Oh-nes-i-mus is a Christian who worked as a servant and in those days wasn't in the same class of society as Philemon and Paul were. So Paul is telling Philemon to receive Onesimus as an esteemed brother, and to charge Paul's account for Onesimus' debts. Then Paul says something very interesting. He tells Philemon to prepare a room for Paul too, even though Paul was under house arrest in Rome! Paul said, "I trust that through your prayers I shall be given unto you." So Paul KNEW that God would ANSWER Philemon's prayers! God can and will work in our lives when we pray to Him.
 
I don't know too many people who are worse hypocrites and sinners than I am. Truly, most people don't know the first thing about my struggles or my failures. And on top of it I stress about everything and I'm often overwhelmed by guilt. I feel guilty seeking God's help. Totally and completely undeserving of His time. But God wants us to reach out to Him and ask for His help with the insignificant details of our lives! God is faithful, even when I am not. He is strong when I am at my weakest. He blesses those who seek Him even when they are undeserving and far from His will! What a merciful, dependable Father. 
 
So anyway, the closing will be on or before April 15th, Lord willing. That's in 36 days!!! We have also put in an offer on a house 15 minutes outside of Eau Claire, and (after countering and resubmitting an offer) the sellers accepted our offer! :D Here is a video of the new house:
 
 
 

Heidi, my fourth baby, just turned two at the end of February! We had a small party for her here at home with just us, so I'll end this blog entry with some pictures. Enjoy!
 
The Birthday Girl
 

The Cake I Made For Heidi







 

The Decorations
 

 
And The Balloon War Begins!
 
 
Alvin Loves Playing With His Little Sister Heidi!





 

My Sweetie Pie Aidin


Harmoni Makes The Cutest Little Faces!
 

Harmoni Is Soaking Up Some Love From The Birthday Girl
 

My Sweet Angel
 

 


Heidi Is About To Play With Her New Toy!
 



My Little Man
 

So Proud Of This Kid!


2 comments:

  1. Cool cake! Congratulations of selling your house and buying a new one in such a short time! I hope moving goes well and everyone adjusts quickly. :)(and yes, I know about feeling guilty about everything. :P Thankfully, God is the ONE person I never have to feel guilty with. It is SUCH a relief! Lord, help me with the things I need to change and help me accept the ones I can't!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Brooke! I hadn't thought about how we would adjust until yesterday morning when Alvin said (while he was playing and to no one in particular), "I like it here, I don't want to move"! I was so surprised to hear that! Austin also said that he would miss this house. It kind of hit me that this change really is huge for our family.

    Well I'm glad I am not alone in those feelings! ;) It IS a relief to know that God already knows everything about me and that I can be completely honest with - and dependent on - Him, regardless of the circumstances or my shortcomings. :) Thanks for the encouragement, Brooke! <3

    ReplyDelete