Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Uninspired

This entry is going to be short because I feel very uninspired today. I had a great day, but I am exhausted and need to go to bed since it's already 2:00am. I've been doing this diet where I basically try to keep my caloric intake lower than my caloric burn. Today I took a walk and I don't feel like I ate that much, but I ate some chocolate from the kids easter basket (maybe a couple candybars worth?) and now I feel fat! I guess I'm nervous because we're going to Chicago this weekend and I really want to be down 5 more pounds by then. A couple weeks ago I set a goal of losing 7-10 pounds before this weekend, but here it is, 4 days away, and I have about 5 more to go. :( Tomorrow I will be taking another walk and finding the resolve NOT to eat any more candy! It's hurting my teeth anyway.

I mentioned in my previous blog post that Alvin is being weaned off his nuk... well he did great last night, only woke up once or twice, but tonight he won't go to sleep (and stay asleep) at all. I'm going to be so tired tomorrow, and I have to get a lot done. I need to pack our bags (which involves so much more than you know with 4 children! It's exhausting and overwhelming), and I also have to clean my house really well since it is a total disaster right now. If it's beautiful outside tomorrow like it was today then chances are I will waste the day again playing outside with the boys. I enjoy it so much, but then my house is left a mess and things are still undone. I guess it's all stressing me out right now. I need sleep!

I will write more tomorrow, if I have the time and energy. ;) Over and out.

2 comments:

  1. We will be in Chicago, too. :)
    As for the weight...sometime it is very difficult to lose weight while nursing. Your body tries to reserve that extra weight so it can produce milk, especially when baby is nursing so much. Also, as you get 'older' it gets harder to lose weight! LOL! (saying this from my grand old age of 29!) I have been trying to lose some lbs, too, but it is pretty slow moving! I have toned up a little bit, so at least my clothes fit slightly better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you Brooke!!! :) I know... I cannot believe how much harder it is to lose weight now that I'm older. After Austin and Aidin it just melted off. Within 4-6 months I was back to normal! So with Alvin I didn't even think about it - didn't try to lose weight at all. By the time I looked in the mirror it was 8 months later and I was about 30 pounds from where I wanted to be. lol! This time I am working hard at it right away. For me I think it's easier to lose the weight early on, but maybe that's just wishful thinking! ;) I can't wait to see you tomorrow! All of us ladies should go out for breakfast before the kids wake up, or for lunch, during naptime. :) Wouldn't that be fun?!

    ReplyDelete