This entire week has been so pleasantly busy! Here is what I've been up to...
Yesterday I woke up, nursed changed and talked to Heidi, fed the boys cereal, headed outside to soak up some sun, saw that Adam had his new lawn mower out so I started to mow the lawn, pushed that heavy thing around the perimeter of our property for 3 hours then realized that it has a self-propelled lever on it that I failed to push forward, so I took a 20 minute break to nurse and get the kids a snack of left-over pizza and ate a slice myself, then I went back to work mowing the second half of our lawn with the self-propeller activated and it only took me 1 hour to finish! WHEW! That was hard work! By then it was about 4:45 and I nursed, Adam got home at 5, and after a quick fruit salad we went to work building my chicken coop! We finished most of it, but then it got dark so we headed in for baths and lots of scrubbing of our feet! I nursed again, made ramen noodle soup, and looked at my menu for the rest of the week to find that I had NO meals left to make for the next day, so we headed to walmart at 11:30pm and finished up there by 1am. We got home and put the kids to bed, then I checked my email and was asleep by 3am in between more nursings. What a crazy day!
Today was almost the same as yesterday, only we stayed indoors most of the day due to the rain and mud. I woke up, fed the kids french toast and scrambled eggs, got to work sweeping and washing the DIRTY floors, folded a ton of laundry, organized a pile of crap that has been on my dresser for over 6 months, hung up a couple pictures on our bare walls, decided our whole bedroom needed to be rearranged, took a break to eat some trail mix, started my scrap booking project, then Adam got home at 5 and he helped me rearrange the bedroom, vacuumed the floors, and finish some laundry! Then we put Aidin and Alvin down for a nap and headed outside with Austin and Heidi to finish building my chicken coop! We put the windows in, hung the door up, put locks and a handle on the door, and put the roof on top. We finished up right when it was starting to get dark. We headed inside, gave Austin and Adam a shower while I made taco salad, Aidin and Alvin woke up and we all ate, then I gave Heidi a bath, and what do ya know it is now 11:00 o'clock! I am exhausted!!!
I'm hoping to get a ton of work done tomorrow as well. I still need to build 6 1'x1' cubes for the chickens to lay their eggs in, and then I need to nail them inside the chicken coop. Then I'm off to Farm n Fleet for feeders, waterers, bedding, and chicken feed! One of these days I need to clean my kitchen really well too, so maybe I'll tackle that tomorrow as well, if I have energy and time. :)
I have some old honey supers that work great for making nesting boxes if you would like some. We have tons of them in our shed. All you would need to do to make nesting boxes it to nail one or two boards to the front. :)(basically they are like a cube with no top or bottom)
ReplyDeleteAwesome!!! Thank you very much for the offer! :D I will definitely take you up on that. Can you bring them to Madison on the 21st? :)
ReplyDeleteI will try to remember to bring them. I might have to write it on my forehead. ;)
ReplyDeleteLOL! Well don't worry about it. If you happen to remember then that's great, if not, no big deal. ;) I have been so forgetful recently... the forehead reminders don't always work. :P JK!
ReplyDelete